martes, 30 de octubre de 2018

Suffragette review


Well, I don’t really enjoy watching movies and it wasn’t the exception to be honest (sorry about that). Today we watched “Suffragette” which is a British movie about women's suffrage in the United Kingdom. 
I didn’t like the movie not because it’s a bad movie or something like that, it’s just that I’m not into movies, it’s very hard for me to be all time concentrated and I’m always fight against falling sleep.
I have to talk about this movie but I prefer to talk about the historical period in which history takes place, I mean the “vote for women”.
It’s hard for me to imagine that someone could disagree with that cause, but there were plenty of them in the movie, they didn’t want women to vote because they said women had not the same mental capacity as men had.
My favorite character was Violet, Maud’s workmate. Violet (and Edith as well) was always encouraging everyone and I think that is the best way to persuade someone, she had to be left out of the cause because of her pregnancy but she was clear to tell everyone not to give up.
The thing I liked the most about this movie was that they finally got their purpose, they got the cause which they fought for. There were many things that I hated, for example, when Maud was caught up and got locked (way too violent by the way); or when Sonny didn’t let Maud to enter after she was arrested, he gave their child up for adoption, that was really heartbreaking.
My favorite scene was the final one (because it was about to end, I’m just kidding) because they finally made it, they were heard worldwide.
Thanks a lot for reading, I really tried to make it shorter than the previous ones and I think I did it, I’ll keep working on it.


8 comentarios:

  1. Woe, movies are the best!, you are so strange ..... (and correct) haha, your post has the perfect words this time jiji

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This movie is excellent and I also think that the final scene is one of the best!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. HiJaime, I understand with you. I was fighting not to fall a slepp.
    I agree you, Sonny is a horrible person.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. wow, is a excellent movie because speak about the women in this years.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Interesting post Jaime. I like the final scene

    ResponderEliminar
  7. heeey... do you sleep watching this film??
    I think that Violet was an important character for the development of the plot

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I knew you do not like movies! But you did not sleep, you surprised me!

    ResponderEliminar